Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
China's Citic Telecom buys Macau phone company
Monday - 1/14/2013, 3:31am EST
BEIJING (AP) - A unit of the Chinese Cabinet's Citic Group has bought Macau's phone company from its British and Portuguese owners for $1.2 billion.
Citic Telecom International Holdings Ltd. said Monday it would raise its stake in Telecommunicacoes de Macau from 20 percent to 99 percent.
Citic Telecom bought a 51 percent holding from a Hong Kong unit of Cable & Wireless Plc and 28 percent from Portugal Telecom. The remaining 1 percent will be held by Macau's post office.
Citic Telecom said it also signed a three-year agreement with Portugal Telecom to collaborate in telecoms and identify potential investments.
The company, with shares traded in Hong Kong, also has operations in the United States, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan and other Asian markets.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)