Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Qatar Airways sells stake in Cargolux carrier
Sunday - 1/13/2013, 6:50am EST
DOHA, Qatar (AP) - The head of Qatar Airways says the carrier has sold its entire 35 percent stake on the freight hauler Cargolux back to authorities in Luxembourg.
The move comes just months after Qatar Airways boosted cargo services to the U.S. via Cargolux's base. Qatar Airways bought the 35 percent stake in Cargolux in June.
Qatar Airways CEO Akbar al-Baker says the deal was finalized Jan. 1 to sell the share back to the Luxembourg state. He told reporters Sunday that Luxembourg viewed Cargolux as a national carrier that should be fully owned by the state.
Al-Baker said the Doha-based airline is not actively seeking any new alliances or purchases, but is carefully studying reforms that could open the Indian market.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)