Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Theme parks CEO touts staycations
Thursday - 1/10/2013, 11:36am EST
(AP) - STAYCATION DREAMING: The chief executive of one of the country's largest amusement park companies said since the economic downturn has people staying closer to home, staycations have boosted business at the parks.
HERE TO STAY: CEO Matt Ouimet of Ohio-based Cedar Fair Entertainment predicted the staycation trend would continue even with the economy improving.
SO CLOSE YET SO FAR: Cedar Fair, which owns 11 amusement parks and four water parks, generally draws most of its visitors from within a couple of hundred miles.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)