Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Albania to cancel grid license amid power cuts
Thursday - 1/10/2013, 5:34am EST
TIRANA, Albania (AP) - Albanian authorities say the license held by a Czech company to operate the country's electricity grid will be canceled by the end of the month after a dispute between the company and the government led to extensive mid-winter rolling blackouts.
State energy regulator spokeswoman Entela Cipa said Thursday that procedures have begun against CEZ Shperndarje, which owns a 76-percent stake in the distribution operator. It was unclear when a new tender would be announced.
CEZ complains of unpaid bills, while the government _ which is expected to take over the management _ claims CEZ has failed to carry out agreed investments. Daily blackouts have occurred across the country, including parts of the capital, Tirana.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)