Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Dubai opens Airbus A380 concourse
Wednesday - 1/2/2013, 7:39am EST
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Dubai Airports says it has opened the world's first concourse entirely dedicated to the Airbus A380, with an Emirates airlines flight making the maiden voyage to London's Heathrow Airport.
Four of 20 gates at Concourse A were in operation Wednesday at Dubai International's Terminal 3.
Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths said Concourse A would open in stages to "ensure smooth operations."
Dubai Airports served 57 million passengers in 2012, making it the busiest airport in the Mideast and the fourth busiest in the world. When Concourse A is fully operational, it is expected to increase the airport's capacity from 60 million to 75 million.
Dubai International is the city's main airport. It is home to Emirates, the Mideast's biggest airline, as well as budget carrier FlyDubai.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)