Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Fund managers see strong 2013 market
Thursday - 12/27/2012, 5:22pm EST
(AP) - PLENTY OF UNCERTAINTIES: Mangers of stock mutual funds say it's more difficult than usual to predict what the market will do next year. Key issues include the "fiscal cliff" negotiations in Washington and tax and spending questions that lawmakers must deal with in 2013.
STRONG FUNDAMENTALS: Many fund managers remain optimistic for 2013 because corporate profits remain strong. Earnings have recently grown at a slower pace than in 2011, but they're still increasing.
STOCKS DISCOUNTED: Stocks remain modestly inexpensive, based on price-earnings ratios. That's a measure that shows investors how much they're paying for a dollar in earnings.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)