Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Fund managers see strong 2013 market
Thursday - 12/27/2012, 5:22pm EST
(AP) - PLENTY OF UNCERTAINTIES: Mangers of stock mutual funds say it's more difficult than usual to predict what the market will do next year. Key issues include the "fiscal cliff" negotiations in Washington and tax and spending questions that lawmakers must deal with in 2013.
STRONG FUNDAMENTALS: Many fund managers remain optimistic for 2013 because corporate profits remain strong. Earnings have recently grown at a slower pace than in 2011, but they're still increasing.
STOCKS DISCOUNTED: Stocks remain modestly inexpensive, based on price-earnings ratios. That's a measure that shows investors how much they're paying for a dollar in earnings.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)