Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Time Inc. names Nelson editor in chief
Tuesday - 12/18/2012, 4:09pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Time Inc. has named Martha Nelson as editor-in-chief of the media company.
The company said Tuesday that Nelson is the first woman in the company's 90-year history to hold the role. She has worked for Time Inc. for 20 years and has been editorial director since 2010. She will assume the top editorial position at the company in January.
Time Inc. is a division of Time Warner and one of the largest media companies in the world, publishing magazines like Time, People and Sports Illustrated.
The company says Nelson is the ideal leader for the business, given her background in print and digital publishing. The company has been trying to generate more revenue from the Internet and mobile devices to offset shrinking print advertising revenue.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)