Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Gulf investment arm takes Texas properties
Tuesday - 12/18/2012, 4:19am EST
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - Gulf investment house Investcorp says its American division has acquired five real estate developments in Texas for more than $100 million.
The deals announced on Tuesday gives the Bahrain-based company 1,900 housing units in greater Austin, Dallas and Houston. It follows last year's Investcorp acquisition of four properties in Houston.
Investcorp's president for Gulf business, Mohammed Al-Shroogi, says Texas' strong overall economic indicators make it attractive for real estate investments.
Investcorp primarily invests Gulf Arab oil wealth in the U.S. and Europe.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)