Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ocean Beauty recalls 2 types of smoked salmon
Saturday - 12/15/2012, 2:25am EST
SEATTLE (AP) - Ocean Beauty Seafoods has announced a precautionary recall of two cold-smoked salmon products because of possible Listeria contamination. The products were distributed in 12 states.
The products are the 3-ounce Nathan's Brand Cold Smoked Atlantic Salmon and the 4-ounce Lascco Cold Smoked Nova Atlantic Salmon. The products were distributed to retailers and distribution centers in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey and New York.
The Lascco salmon has a universal product code, or UPC, of 0 72840 01751 7. The Nathan's salmon has a UPC of 0 73030 80368 2. The products are vacuum-packed in a plastic pouch on a foil board. The pack code 285 is printed on the back panel.
No illnesses have been reported. Listeria can lead to severe illness for women who are pregnant or people who have a weakened immune system.
Ocean Beauty says internal testing by the company revealed the presence of Listeria in samples of the specific packages noted above.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)