Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Grocery store chain Food Lion has new president
Saturday - 12/8/2012, 6:30pm EST
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) - The grocery store chain Food Lion has a new president.
Beth Newlands Campbell is replacing Cathy Green Burns, who became a familiar face on Food Lion's television commercials.
The management change was announced late Thursday by Roland Smith, chief executive officer of Delhaize America, Food Lion's Belgium-based parent company.
Food Lion started in Salisbury, N.C., with a single store. It now has nearly 1,200 stores in 10 states.
Smith didn't announce a reason for removing Burns as president. Delhaize America said in a news release that it was restructuring to improve results.
In January, the company announced plans to close 113 underperforming Food Lion stores in the U.S.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)