Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Grocery store chain Food Lion has new president
Saturday - 12/8/2012, 6:30pm EST
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) - The grocery store chain Food Lion has a new president.
Beth Newlands Campbell is replacing Cathy Green Burns, who became a familiar face on Food Lion's television commercials.
The management change was announced late Thursday by Roland Smith, chief executive officer of Delhaize America, Food Lion's Belgium-based parent company.
Food Lion started in Salisbury, N.C., with a single store. It now has nearly 1,200 stores in 10 states.
Smith didn't announce a reason for removing Burns as president. Delhaize America said in a news release that it was restructuring to improve results.
In January, the company announced plans to close 113 underperforming Food Lion stores in the U.S.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)