Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Grocery store chain Food Lion has new president
Saturday - 12/8/2012, 6:30pm EST
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) - The grocery store chain Food Lion has a new president.
Beth Newlands Campbell is replacing Cathy Green Burns, who became a familiar face on Food Lion's television commercials.
The management change was announced late Thursday by Roland Smith, chief executive officer of Delhaize America, Food Lion's Belgium-based parent company.
Food Lion started in Salisbury, N.C., with a single store. It now has nearly 1,200 stores in 10 states.
Smith didn't announce a reason for removing Burns as president. Delhaize America said in a news release that it was restructuring to improve results.
In January, the company announced plans to close 113 underperforming Food Lion stores in the U.S.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)