Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Grocery store chain Food Lion has new president
Saturday - 12/8/2012, 6:30pm EST
SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) - The grocery store chain Food Lion has a new president.
Beth Newlands Campbell is replacing Cathy Green Burns, who became a familiar face on Food Lion's television commercials.
The management change was announced late Thursday by Roland Smith, chief executive officer of Delhaize America, Food Lion's Belgium-based parent company.
Food Lion started in Salisbury, N.C., with a single store. It now has nearly 1,200 stores in 10 states.
Smith didn't announce a reason for removing Burns as president. Delhaize America said in a news release that it was restructuring to improve results.
In January, the company announced plans to close 113 underperforming Food Lion stores in the U.S.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)