Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Mercedes delivers new popemobile to Vatican
Friday - 12/7/2012, 11:03am EST
BERLIN (AP) - German automaker Daimler says it has delivered Pope Benedict XVI his new popemobile _ a customized Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV with special security features.
The company says the new car was delivered Friday to the Vatican and people should be able to see the pope riding in it Saturday in Rome during a celebration at the Spanish Steps.
Compared with the previous vehicle, a modified M-Class from 2002, Mercedes has extended the dome significantly to give the pope more room and easier entry. Larger glass panels and better illumination also aim to make the pontiff more visible to crowds.
Daimler says the white-painted vehicle's central interior design feature is a "throne" embroidered with the pontiff's coat of arms.
The automaker declined to detail the vehicle's "spectrum" of security features.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)