Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: FedEx to offer buyouts
Tuesday - 12/4/2012, 5:47pm EST
(AP) - BUYOUTS FOR BYE-BYES: FedEx will offer some employees up to two years' pay to leave, starting next year. The voluntary program is part of an effort by the world's second-biggest package delivery company to cut annual costs by $1.7 billion within three years.
CHEAPER SHIPPING: The restructuring is a response to a shift by customers away from premium package-delivery services and toward slower, less expensive modes.
INTO THE SUNSET: The first wave will leave on May 31, the last day of FedEx's fiscal year. The next wave departs six months later and the final group on May 31, 2014.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)