Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Vail Resorts posts 1Q loss, backs off outlook
Tuesday - 12/4/2012, 10:11am EST
BROOMFIELD, Colo. (AP) - Ski resort operator Vail Resorts said Tuesday its fiscal first-quarter loss increased and warned it may not hit its expected earnings target this year.
The Broomfield, Colo., company posted a loss of $60.6 million, or $1.70 per share in the quarter that ended Oct. 31, compared with a loss of $55.7 million, or $1.54 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue was virtually flat at $116.4 million.
Analysts, on average, expected a loss of $1.58 per share on revenue of $116.7 million.
Vail said improvements in its mountain and lodging operations weren't enough to offset higher expenses and lower retail sales in the early part of the ski season.
Looking across the entire 2013 fiscal year, which ends in July, Vail Resorts said it's going to be more difficult to achieve its projected growth target of 27 to 32 percent growth in earnings before taxes, debt and other items, which was released in September. The company plans to reassess its outlook in mid-January.
Vail Resorts Inc. shares sank $5.04, or 9 percent, to $50.80 in morning trading. The stock has changed hands between $37.54 and $59.49 in the past 52 weeks, closing Monday up about 32 percent since the start of the year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)