Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Macau gangster to be released
Friday - 11/30/2012, 11:47am EST
(AP) - MUG SHOT: Wan Kuok-koi, a.k.a. "Broken Tooth Koi ," will leave a Macau prison Saturday, the Macau government. He was convicted of loan sharking, money laundering and being a gang leader in November 1999.
HIGH STAKES: Wan waged a brutal war with rival organized crime gangs for dominance of the lucrative VIP rooms in Macau's casinos. Authorities are warning hotels and casinos to tighten security and plan to keep a close eye on him.
WAN WHO? Wan likely has lost much of his power and influence following Macau's decade-long transformation from a crime-ridden backwater into the world's top gambling market.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)