Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News summary: Entrepreneurship grows with economy
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 4:52pm EST
(AP) - ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: A study by researchers at Babson College and Baruch College found that the number of people starting or running new businesses grew 60 percent to 29 million in 2011.
FUTURE FORTUNES: Forty percent of those entrepreneurs expected to create more than five new jobs apiece in the next five years _ a trend that could help the economic recovery gain momentum.
SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES: The jump in entrepreneurship last year matched the gain registered in 2005, two years before the start of the recession.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)