Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News summary: Entrepreneurship grows with economy
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 4:52pm EST
(AP) - ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: A study by researchers at Babson College and Baruch College found that the number of people starting or running new businesses grew 60 percent to 29 million in 2011.
FUTURE FORTUNES: Forty percent of those entrepreneurs expected to create more than five new jobs apiece in the next five years _ a trend that could help the economic recovery gain momentum.
SEEMS LIKE OLD TIMES: The jump in entrepreneurship last year matched the gain registered in 2005, two years before the start of the recession.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)