Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Empire State Building surprises NYC
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 11:13am EST
(AP) - BRIGHT IDEA: On Monday night the top of the Empire State Building was bathed in a dazzling display of LED lights, synchronized with R&B star Alicia Keys singing "Empire State of Mind" on nationwide radio.
SEEING THE LIGHT: The LED system has 16.7 million color possibilities, in digital combinations of ripples, sparkles, sweeps and strobes. The old floodlights that lit the building came in only 10 colors.
DARK SECRET: The new lights were tested briefly in the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning, so most New Yorkers were treated to a stunning surprise a few days later.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)