Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Sahara India Pariwar buys NY's Plaza Hotel
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 5:36pm EST
AP Real Estate Writer
(AP) - Indian conglomerate Sahara India Pariwar now owns a majority stake in New York's Plaza Hotel, which is bought from Israeli real estate company El Ad US Holding Inc.
El Ad CEO Udi Erez said Wednesday that the transaction, valued at $575 million, closed on Monday.
The deal, announced in July, gives Sahara India Pariwar a 75 percent interest in the Plaza Hotel and adjacent retail space.
Kingdom Holding Co., headed by Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, retains the remaining 25 percent stake in the property.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will continue to operate the hotel under a long-term agreement.
An email seeking comment from Sahara India Pariwar was not immediately returned.
The Plaza has a colorful past, having hosted guests such as Eleanor Roosevelt, The Beatles and Mark Twain.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)