Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Obama selling his fiscal cliff plan
Tuesday - 11/27/2012, 11:58am EST
(AP) - SALES PITCH: President Barack Obama plans to make a public case this week for his strategy for dealing with the looming fiscal cliff. He is pressuring Republicans to allow tax increases on the wealthy while extending cuts for families earning $250,000 or less.
THE BACKGROUND: Unless lawmakers agree on a deal to cut the deficit, there will be across-the-board tax increases and steep spending cuts next year.
TRAVEL PLANS: The president is meeting with small-business owners at the White House on Tuesday and with middle-class families Wednesday. He will tour a Pennsylvania small business that makes parts for a construction-toy company Friday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)