Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Bombardier in deal with VistaJet for $7.8 billion
Tuesday - 11/27/2012, 8:53am EST
MONTREAL (AP) - Canada-based Bombardier Inc. says it has made the biggest sale of business aircraft in its history, potentially worth up to $7.8 billion if all options are exercised.
VistaJet, a private European company that provides luxury chartered flights, has placed firm orders for 56 Bombardier Global jets valued at $3.1 billion and acquired options for a further 86 Global jets.
VistaJet operates a fleet of Bombardier aircraft based in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and West Africa.
VistaJet chairman Thomas Flehr says the purchase is part of VistaJet's goal of making business aviation more accessible to emerging markets.
Steve Ridolfi, the president of Bombardier Business Aircraft, says this is a historic order for Bombardier.
Deliveries will begin in 2014.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)