Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bombardier in deal with VistaJet for $7.8 billion
Tuesday - 11/27/2012, 8:53am EST
MONTREAL (AP) - Canada-based Bombardier Inc. says it has made the biggest sale of business aircraft in its history, potentially worth up to $7.8 billion if all options are exercised.
VistaJet, a private European company that provides luxury chartered flights, has placed firm orders for 56 Bombardier Global jets valued at $3.1 billion and acquired options for a further 86 Global jets.
VistaJet operates a fleet of Bombardier aircraft based in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and West Africa.
VistaJet chairman Thomas Flehr says the purchase is part of VistaJet's goal of making business aviation more accessible to emerging markets.
Steve Ridolfi, the president of Bombardier Business Aircraft, says this is a historic order for Bombardier.
Deliveries will begin in 2014.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)