Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Recent garment factory fires in Bangladesh
Monday - 11/26/2012, 7:43pm EST
(AP) - More than 315 people have died in fires in Bangladesh garment factories since 2006. The country has about 4,000 garment factories and earns about $20 billion a year from garment exports, mainly to the United States and Europe. Some recent deadly garment factory fires:
_ At least 112 people die in a fire Saturday at an eight-story factory outside Dhaka. Authorities and survivors say the building lacked emergency exits and other safety measures were not taken.
_ A fire in December 2010 at a 10-story factory in Ashulia kills 29 workers.
_ In February 2010, a fire engulfs a sweater factory in Gazipur, killing at least 28.
_ In 2006, a fire at a factory in Narayanganj kills 23.
_ Another fire in 2006 kills 63 workers at a factory in southeastern Chittagong city.
_ More than 60 workers have died in a number of smaller fires over the past six years.
Sources: Local media, Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers Association.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)