Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter, at a glance
Monday - 11/26/2012, 4:05pm EST
(AP) - NAME: Elisse B. Walter
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in mathematics from Yale University; law degree from Harvard Law School.
FAMILY: Married to Ronald Alan Stern, two children.
CAREER: Lawyer in private practice; joined staff at the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1977, worked in Division of Corporation Finance and Office of the General Counsel; deputy director of SEC's Division of Corporation Finance; became general counsel of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission in 1994; senior executive vice president for regulatory policy and programs at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, formerly NASD; appointed SEC commissioner in July 2008; designated SEC chairman by President Barack Obama to begin in December 2012.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)