Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Cyber Monday sales jump
Monday - 11/26/2012, 3:30pm EST
(AP) - THE NEWS: Americans clicked away for deals on Cyber Monday, which is expected to be the biggest online shopping day in history.
THE CONTEXT: It's estimated that this year's Cyber Monday will be the biggest online shopping day of the year for the third year in a row: Research firm comScore predicts Americans will spend $1.5 billion, up 20 percent from last year.
SALES DATA: Early results show that online shopping was up 25.6 percent compared with the same time period a year ago, according to figures by IBM Benchmark released at 3 p.m. E.T.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)