Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro, at a glance
Monday - 11/26/2012, 2:59pm EST
(AP) - NAME: Mary L. Schapiro
BORN: June 19, 1955, in New York.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from Franklin & Marshall College, law degree from George Washington University.
FAMILY: Married to Charles Cadwell, two children.
CAREER: Lawyer in enforcement division of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, 1980; counsel and executive assistant to the CFTC chairman, 1981-84; general counsel and senior vice president of the Futures Industry Association, 1984-88; member of the Securities and Exchange Commission, 1988-94; CFTC chairman, 1994-96; president of the National Association of Securities Dealers, 1996-2002; vice chairman of NASD Regulation, 2002-06; chief executive officer of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, formerly NASD, 2006-January 2009; SEC chairman, January 2009-present.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)