Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro, at a glance
Monday - 11/26/2012, 2:59pm EST
(AP) - NAME: Mary L. Schapiro
BORN: June 19, 1955, in New York.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from Franklin & Marshall College, law degree from George Washington University.
FAMILY: Married to Charles Cadwell, two children.
CAREER: Lawyer in enforcement division of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, 1980; counsel and executive assistant to the CFTC chairman, 1981-84; general counsel and senior vice president of the Futures Industry Association, 1984-88; member of the Securities and Exchange Commission, 1988-94; CFTC chairman, 1994-96; president of the National Association of Securities Dealers, 1996-2002; vice chairman of NASD Regulation, 2002-06; chief executive officer of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, formerly NASD, 2006-January 2009; SEC chairman, January 2009-present.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)