Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NEWS SUMMARY: McGraw-Hill sells education division
Monday - 11/26/2012, 11:06am EST
(AP) - THE DEAL: The McGraw-Hill Cos. will sell its education arm to private equity firm Apollo Global Management for $2.5 billion as part of its plan to focus on its financial information businesses.
THE SPLIT: The acquisition includes the New York-based company's digital and traditional textbook business and other assets. The remaining McGraw-Hill Financial business includes Standard & Poor's and J.D. Power and Associates.
LONG-TERM PLAN: McGraw-Hill first announced plans to split into two companies in September 2011 through either the sale or the spin-off of the education arm.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)