Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Ranbaxy recalls generic Lipitor
Friday - 11/23/2012, 1:25pm EST
(AP) - DRUG DANGER: Indian drugmaker Ranbaxy is recalling dozens of lots of its generic version of cholesterol blockbuster Lipitor. Some bottles may contain tiny bits of glass.
KEEPING MUM: Ranbaxy isn't giving any other details while it investigates.
DEJA VU: It's the latest in a series of problems, dating to 2006, involving manufacturing deficiencies at multiple Ranbaxy factories and alleged doctoring of test results on some medicines. U.S. regulators had banned imports of 30 Ranbaxy medicines and wouldn't approve any new products for sale until Ranbaxy agreed to make improvements and be monitored by a third party for five years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)