Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
EU budget fight returns to Feb. 7-8 summit
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 5:55am EST
BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union's 27 leaders will try again to reach a seven-year budget deal for the bloc at a summit on Feb. 7-8.
EU spokesman Preben Aamann said Thursday that the leaders would be looking `'to find a deal on the first day of the summit" after a cantankerous November meeting ended inconclusively.
At that meeting, Britain and other nations looked for deep cuts in contrast to others who want funding sustained at current levels at the very least.
Since then, diplomats have been holding talks and have seemingly brought the sides within striking distance of a deal.
The leaders will be looking for a long-term spending plan of around (EURO)1 trillion ($1.25 trillion) for the EU from 2014 to 2020.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)