Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
EU budget fight returns to Feb. 7-8 summit
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 5:55am EST
BRUSSELS (AP) - The European Union's 27 leaders will try again to reach a seven-year budget deal for the bloc at a summit on Feb. 7-8.
EU spokesman Preben Aamann said Thursday that the leaders would be looking `'to find a deal on the first day of the summit" after a cantankerous November meeting ended inconclusively.
At that meeting, Britain and other nations looked for deep cuts in contrast to others who want funding sustained at current levels at the very least.
Since then, diplomats have been holding talks and have seemingly brought the sides within striking distance of a deal.
The leaders will be looking for a long-term spending plan of around (EURO)1 trillion ($1.25 trillion) for the EU from 2014 to 2020.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)