Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
UPS to increase rates in 2013
Friday - 11/16/2012, 4:36pm EST
ATLANTA (AP) - UPS says it is increasing rates in 2013.
The world's largest package delivery company said Friday that it is hiking its prices by an average 4.5 percent for UPS AIR and international services that originate in the U.S.
It is increasing the price for its UPS ground services by 4.9 percent.
UPS is also increasing its rates for several of its next-day and other expedited services within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico by 4.9 percent.
The average increases will be achieved through a combination of increases on its base rates and reductions in its fuel surcharge rates.
The new rates can be found on the company's website, http://www.ups.com, and will take effect on Dec. 31.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)