Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News summary: Sears 3Q loss widens
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 6:06pm EST
(AP) - LESS LOSS: Sears Holding Corp. said Thursday its adjusted third-quarter narrowed, benefiting from the company's push to turn around its ailing business. But revenue in stores open at least one year continued to tumble at its Kmart and Sears stores.
PROFIT PLAN: To restore profitability, Sears has embarked on a plan to aggressively cut costs, reduce inventory, sell off some assets and spin off others.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS? The company is facing falling sales and tough competition as the crucial holiday season _ when a retailer can make up to 40 percent of annual revenue _ revs up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)