Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Marketer tempts with offer of wealth
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 3:24pm EST
(AP) - NEW FRONTIER: Vietnam is the latest frontier for Nu Skin, which has stormed through Asia, racking up huge profits despite regulatory scrutiny over its marketing practices and the efficacy of its anti-aging products.
HOW IT WORKS: The Utah company set up in Vietnam in August, a time of stuttering economic growth. It markets its goods via a network of independent distributors who earn a commission on the volume they sell.
CAVEAT EMPTOR: Nu Skin's website warns that the business is not a "get rich quick program," but that hasn't deterred potential recruits in a country where the average income is about $3,000 a year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)