Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Thanksgiving travel seen up a bit
Tuesday - 11/13/2012, 4:41pm EST
(AP) - TALKING TURKEY: In its annual Thanksgiving travel forecast released Tuesday, AAA predicts 43.6 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home over the holiday.
TRAVEL WEARY: The auto club says the pent-up demand for travel seen following the recession appears to have dissipated. The predicted increase in travel this Thanksgiving is just 0.7 percent, compared with gains of 8 percent in 2010 and 6 percent a year ago.
ANOTHER HELPING: AAA says a stronger economy is needed to give travel demand a boost.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)