Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Thanksgiving travel seen up a bit
Tuesday - 11/13/2012, 4:41pm EST
(AP) - TALKING TURKEY: In its annual Thanksgiving travel forecast released Tuesday, AAA predicts 43.6 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home over the holiday.
TRAVEL WEARY: The auto club says the pent-up demand for travel seen following the recession appears to have dissipated. The predicted increase in travel this Thanksgiving is just 0.7 percent, compared with gains of 8 percent in 2010 and 6 percent a year ago.
ANOTHER HELPING: AAA says a stronger economy is needed to give travel demand a boost.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)