Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Verizon to pay $8.5 billion dividend to its owners
Monday - 11/12/2012, 4:42pm EST
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. (AP) - Verizon Wireless on Monday said it will pay a dividend of $8.5 billion next month to its owners, Verizon Communications Inc. and Vodafone Group PLC.
The distributions are to be paid in one or more tranches on or before Dec. 31, with each tranche paid in proportion to the owners' partnership interests on the payment date.
Vodafone, a British mobile phone company with wide international interests, owns 45 percent of Verizon Wireless. Verizon Communications owns the other 55 percent of the partnership.
Verizon Wireless paid a dividend of $10 billion to its owners last January.
Shares in Verizon Communications fell 8 cents to $42.56 and Vodafone Group's U.S.-traded shares declined 17 cents to $26.39 in Monday trading.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)