Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: US will be biggest oil producer
Monday - 11/12/2012, 12:36pm EST
(AP) - BIGGEST IN OIL: The International Energy Agency says the U.S. will become the world's largest oil producer by around 2020, temporarily overtaking Saudi Arabia, as new exploration technologies help find more resources.
ON OUR OWN: The energy watchdog also predicted that greater oil and natural gas production, as well as more efficient use of energy will allow the U.S. to become nearly energy self-sufficient by 2035.
SEA CHANGE: Middle East oil exports will increasingly go to Asia as the U.S. becomes more self-sufficient. That will increase the focus on security of strategic shipping routes to Asia.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)