Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: US will be biggest oil producer
Monday - 11/12/2012, 12:36pm EST
(AP) - BIGGEST IN OIL: The International Energy Agency says the U.S. will become the world's largest oil producer by around 2020, temporarily overtaking Saudi Arabia, as new exploration technologies help find more resources.
ON OUR OWN: The energy watchdog also predicted that greater oil and natural gas production, as well as more efficient use of energy will allow the U.S. to become nearly energy self-sufficient by 2035.
SEA CHANGE: Middle East oil exports will increasingly go to Asia as the U.S. becomes more self-sufficient. That will increase the focus on security of strategic shipping routes to Asia.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)