Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: US will be biggest oil producer
Monday - 11/12/2012, 12:36pm EST
(AP) - BIGGEST IN OIL: The International Energy Agency says the U.S. will become the world's largest oil producer by around 2020, temporarily overtaking Saudi Arabia, as new exploration technologies help find more resources.
ON OUR OWN: The energy watchdog also predicted that greater oil and natural gas production, as well as more efficient use of energy will allow the U.S. to become nearly energy self-sufficient by 2035.
SEA CHANGE: Middle East oil exports will increasingly go to Asia as the U.S. becomes more self-sufficient. That will increase the focus on security of strategic shipping routes to Asia.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)