Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Finmeccanica Q3 earns triple on cost cuts
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 1:43pm EST
MILAN (AP) - Finmeccanica, the Italian aerospace and defense giant, tripled earnings in the third quarter due to cost-cutting, improved margins and better sales of products like helicopters.
The company, which is 30-percent owned by the government, on Thursday reported net profit of (EURO)75 million ($95 million) in the quarter ended Sept. 30. It made (EURO)25 billion last year, excluding a one-time 2011 writedown of (EURO)753 million related to faulty components it supplied for Boeing Co.'s 787 airliner.
Revenues for the quarter rose 8 percent to (EURO)4.1 billion from (EURO)3.8 billion in the same period last year.
CEO Giuseppe Orsi said the results indicated progress from the restructuring plan undertaken last year.
The company, meanwhile, remains at the center of a growing corruption probe.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)