Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Finmeccanica Q3 earns triple on cost cuts
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 1:43pm EST
MILAN (AP) - Finmeccanica, the Italian aerospace and defense giant, tripled earnings in the third quarter due to cost-cutting, improved margins and better sales of products like helicopters.
The company, which is 30-percent owned by the government, on Thursday reported net profit of (EURO)75 million ($95 million) in the quarter ended Sept. 30. It made (EURO)25 billion last year, excluding a one-time 2011 writedown of (EURO)753 million related to faulty components it supplied for Boeing Co.'s 787 airliner.
Revenues for the quarter rose 8 percent to (EURO)4.1 billion from (EURO)3.8 billion in the same period last year.
CEO Giuseppe Orsi said the results indicated progress from the restructuring plan undertaken last year.
The company, meanwhile, remains at the center of a growing corruption probe.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)