Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Korea, Qatar airlines interested in Czech carrier
Wednesday - 12/5/2012, 5:50am EST
PRAGUE (AP) - Korean Airlines and Qatar Airways have shown a preliminary interest in acquiring the troubled Czech national carrier, CSA.
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas says his government might be able to decide in April or May about a possible sale. He says Wednesday the interest of "the two renowned carriers is a positive step for us."
Finance Minister Miroslav Kalousek says binding bids, including the price, should be submitted in February.
Last month, the government approached the world's 50 biggest airlines inviting them to participate in a tender.
In 2009, the government canceled the sale of the state-owned carrier because it said the only bid it received was too low. Necas has said his government is ready to do the same if there's no suitable bid.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)