Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Korea, Qatar airlines interested in Czech carrier
Wednesday - 12/5/2012, 5:50am EST
PRAGUE (AP) - Korean Airlines and Qatar Airways have shown a preliminary interest in acquiring the troubled Czech national carrier, CSA.
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas says his government might be able to decide in April or May about a possible sale. He says Wednesday the interest of "the two renowned carriers is a positive step for us."
Finance Minister Miroslav Kalousek says binding bids, including the price, should be submitted in February.
Last month, the government approached the world's 50 biggest airlines inviting them to participate in a tender.
In 2009, the government canceled the sale of the state-owned carrier because it said the only bid it received was too low. Necas has said his government is ready to do the same if there's no suitable bid.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)