Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Korea, Qatar airlines interested in Czech carrier
Wednesday - 12/5/2012, 5:50am EST
PRAGUE (AP) - Korean Airlines and Qatar Airways have shown a preliminary interest in acquiring the troubled Czech national carrier, CSA.
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas says his government might be able to decide in April or May about a possible sale. He says Wednesday the interest of "the two renowned carriers is a positive step for us."
Finance Minister Miroslav Kalousek says binding bids, including the price, should be submitted in February.
Last month, the government approached the world's 50 biggest airlines inviting them to participate in a tender.
In 2009, the government canceled the sale of the state-owned carrier because it said the only bid it received was too low. Necas has said his government is ready to do the same if there's no suitable bid.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)