Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Korea, Qatar airlines interested in Czech carrier
Wednesday - 12/5/2012, 5:50am EST
PRAGUE (AP) - Korean Airlines and Qatar Airways have shown a preliminary interest in acquiring the troubled Czech national carrier, CSA.
Czech Prime Minister Petr Necas says his government might be able to decide in April or May about a possible sale. He says Wednesday the interest of "the two renowned carriers is a positive step for us."
Finance Minister Miroslav Kalousek says binding bids, including the price, should be submitted in February.
Last month, the government approached the world's 50 biggest airlines inviting them to participate in a tender.
In 2009, the government canceled the sale of the state-owned carrier because it said the only bid it received was too low. Necas has said his government is ready to do the same if there's no suitable bid.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)