Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Fitch says Obama needs deficit deal
Wednesday - 11/7/2012, 3:37pm EST
(AP) - WARNING OBAMA: Fitch Ratings says President Barack Obama must pivot off his re-election victory and quickly forge an agreement with Congress to prevent a series of tax increases and spending cuts that kick in next year.
POSSIBLE DOWNGRADE: Fitch said the president must work toward a credible plan to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff or risk losing the U.S. government's top `AAA' rating next year.
NEGATIVE OUTLOOK: Fitch changed its outlook for the U.S. rating to negative last year after Congress and the Obama administration failed to produce a deficit-reduction plan.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)