Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News summary: Best Buy's CEO outlines plans
Tuesday - 11/13/2012, 5:35pm EST
(AP) - JOLY TIMES: Best Buy's new CEO Hubert Joly outlined plans to recharge the electronic retailer's results at an analysts' meeting on Tuesday, including improving store and online customer experiences, redesigning stores and cutting costs.
STOPPING THE SLIDE: Joly was tapped in August to reverse the struggling chain's yearslong decline in its business as competition from online stores and discounters increases.
GROWTH AGAIN: Joly's long-term goal is to grow the Minneapolis chain's operating margin, the ratio of how much revenue a company keeps after costs and expenses, to 5 to 6 percent.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)