Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Morgan Stanley swings to profit
Friday - 1/18/2013, 3:05pm EST
(AP) - SURPRISE: Morgan Stanley reported earnings that beat analysts' expectations. Business grew across the company. The bank's stock jumped almost 8 percent.
MAKEOVER: Morgan Stanley is rejiggering its business model to give more attention to business units that deal with individual investors. It plans to buy the remaining stake of retail brokerage Morgan Stanley Smith Barney by the end of the year.
PINK SLIPS: Banks are trying to cut expenses to boost earnings. Morgan Stanley trimmed about 4,500 jobs, or 7 percent of its workforce, over the year. Bank of America, Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase have also reduced staff.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)