Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Kythera shares climb in Nasdaq trading debut
Thursday - 10/11/2012, 11:28am EDT
(AP) - Kythera Biopharmaceuticals shares are trading above their offering price in their first day listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market.
The stock jumped 81 cents, or 4.4 percent, to $19.30 in late morning trading, and earlier traded as high as $20.59.
The Calabasas, Calif., company, which is developing an injectable treatment for double chins, raised about $70.4 million in an initial public offering of 4.4 million shares. The company priced its IPO at $16 per share, the top end of its estimated range.
Kythera expects net proceeds of about $62.8 million, or $72.6 million if underwriters exercise an option to buy additional shares.
The company will use nearly all proceeds to pay for late-stage clinical studies of its double-chin treatment, labeled ATX-101.
The stock is trading under the ticker symbol "KYTH."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)