Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Report says EU nukes must be safer
Thursday - 10/4/2012, 11:16am EDT
(AP) - NO GLOWING REPORT: The EU Energy Commissioner says the cost of necessary improvements at the 145 nuclear reactors in the European Union could amount to billions over the coming years.
CORE CRITICISM: The report criticized authorities for not using appropriate standards to assess risks. For earthquakes and flooding, events over the past 10,000 years should be considered for risk to plants.
FALLOUT: At least (EURO)10 billion will need to be invested in the EU and possibly up to (EURO)25 billion to fix the problems at EU nuclear plants.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)