Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Honda recalls 820,000 Civics and Pilots
Thursday - 10/4/2012, 8:23am EDT
DETROIT (AP) - Honda says it is recalling more than 820,000 Civic compact cars and Pilot SUVs because the headlights can fail.
The recall affects Civics from the 2002 and 2003 model years and Pilots from 2004 and 2005.
The company says wires connecting a switch that controls the headlights and turn signals can overheat and melt, knocking out the low-beam headlights.
No crashes or injuries have been reported from the problem.
Honda says it will fix the wiring for free. The company began sending notices to owners in late September.
The Civics and Pilots were added to a similar recall announced in March. That recall affected more than 550,000 CR-V small SUVs from the 2002 through 2004 model years and Pilots from 2003.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)