Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Honda recalls 820,000 Civics and Pilots
Thursday - 10/4/2012, 8:23am EDT
DETROIT (AP) - Honda says it is recalling more than 820,000 Civic compact cars and Pilot SUVs because the headlights can fail.
The recall affects Civics from the 2002 and 2003 model years and Pilots from 2004 and 2005.
The company says wires connecting a switch that controls the headlights and turn signals can overheat and melt, knocking out the low-beam headlights.
No crashes or injuries have been reported from the problem.
Honda says it will fix the wiring for free. The company began sending notices to owners in late September.
The Civics and Pilots were added to a similar recall announced in March. That recall affected more than 550,000 CR-V small SUVs from the 2002 through 2004 model years and Pilots from 2003.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)