Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Futures mixed as Washington tries to avert crisis
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 8:10am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Stock futures are mixed as several strong earnings reports from U.S. corporations play out against the backdrop of another potential debt crisis in Washington.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 4 points to 13,692. The broader S&P futures have lost 1.7 points to 1,487.70. Nasdaq futures are up 2.5 points to 2,753.50.
McDonald's Corp. on Wednesday topped expectations for the quarter and the full year, following a strong showing in the tech sector late Tuesday from Google, IBM and Cree Inc.
At the same time, Republicans in the House are trying to come to a consensus on legislation that would avert a fiscal crisis, at least temporarily, by easing the government's borrowing restrictions for three months. A vote is expected Wednesday.
Apple Inc. reports earnings after the closing bell.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)