Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Futures mixed as Washington tries to avert crisis
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 8:10am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Stock futures are mixed as several strong earnings reports from U.S. corporations play out against the backdrop of another potential debt crisis in Washington.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 4 points to 13,692. The broader S&P futures have lost 1.7 points to 1,487.70. Nasdaq futures are up 2.5 points to 2,753.50.
McDonald's Corp. on Wednesday topped expectations for the quarter and the full year, following a strong showing in the tech sector late Tuesday from Google, IBM and Cree Inc.
At the same time, Republicans in the House are trying to come to a consensus on legislation that would avert a fiscal crisis, at least temporarily, by easing the government's borrowing restrictions for three months. A vote is expected Wednesday.
Apple Inc. reports earnings after the closing bell.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)