Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens, 4th wife to divorce
Tuesday - 10/2/2012, 5:32pm EDT
DALLAS (AP) - Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens and his fourth wife, Madeleine, are filing for divorce.
Pickens spokesman Jay Rosser said Tuesday that the separation is amicable.
Boone Pickens is an Oklahoma native who made much of his fortune in oil drilling. The 84-year-old Pickens has since become an advocate for alternative energy sources. He also is active in politics and has donated millions of dollars to his alma mater of Oklahoma State University and various other causes.
Madeleine Pickens is an animal rights advocate who works to protect horses.
The two married in 2005.
Rosser says in a statement that while both are sad, "they understand" that Madeleine Pickens has family interests and animal welfare projects in California and Nevada, while Boone Pickens primarily works out of Texas.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)