Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Ikea to sell only LED lighting
Monday - 10/1/2012, 2:13pm EDT
(AP) - LIGHTING THE WAY: Swedish retailer Ikea plans to sell only energy-efficient LED lighting by 2016, a move it announced two years after it said it was phasing out incandescent bulbs.
WALKING THE WALK: The company will also install the longer-lasting bulbs in its stores, helping it save about $10 million to $20 million a year, or 10 percent, in lighting costs at its 300 locations worldwide.
ELSEWHERE: Ikea hopes to set an environmentally friendly example, but other large retailers said that, while they are experimenting with shifting to LED lighting in stores, they are still selling all types of bulbs for now.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)