Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Ikea to sell only LED lighting
Monday - 10/1/2012, 2:13pm EDT
(AP) - LIGHTING THE WAY: Swedish retailer Ikea plans to sell only energy-efficient LED lighting by 2016, a move it announced two years after it said it was phasing out incandescent bulbs.
WALKING THE WALK: The company will also install the longer-lasting bulbs in its stores, helping it save about $10 million to $20 million a year, or 10 percent, in lighting costs at its 300 locations worldwide.
ELSEWHERE: Ikea hopes to set an environmentally friendly example, but other large retailers said that, while they are experimenting with shifting to LED lighting in stores, they are still selling all types of bulbs for now.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)