Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
VW sales chief: European markets remain "tense"
Thursday - 9/27/2012, 6:18am EDT
PARIS (AP) - Volkswagen's marketing chief says car companies are going to have to live with tough markets, especially in crisis-hit southern Europe.
VW's sales and marketing boss, Christian Klingler, told reporters at the Paris Auto Show that Spain's overall market has fallen by half since 2007 and Italy is down too.
Klingler said Thursday that "it's a development that we all have to live with" and that nothing like this has confronted auto makers "for 20 or 30 years."
It's an opportunity for the company to show its strength, he said, as VW has built market share.
North American sales growth remains "relatively stable" while China continues to grow and Russia is "very dynamic," Klinger added.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)