Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
IBM elects new chairman for its board
Tuesday - 9/25/2012, 5:03pm EDT
ARMONK, N.Y. (AP) - IBM has elected its CEO _ Virginia Rometty _ as chairman of the company's board.
The technology company said Tuesday that Rometty will take on the expanded role Oct. 1.
Rometty, 55, became CEO of IBM in January, succeeding Samuel Palmisano. She will now take over from Palmisano as chairman. He will serve as a senior advisor to the company until he retires in December.
The company named Rometty as CEO after she held a number of senior leadership positions in IBM's services, sales, strategy and marketing units. She led the integration of PricewaterhouseCoopers' consulting business after its acquisition by IBM for $3.5 billion in 2002.
Rometty also became a director of IBM in January.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)