Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
IBM elects new chairman for its board
Tuesday - 9/25/2012, 5:03pm EDT
ARMONK, N.Y. (AP) - IBM has elected its CEO _ Virginia Rometty _ as chairman of the company's board.
The technology company said Tuesday that Rometty will take on the expanded role Oct. 1.
Rometty, 55, became CEO of IBM in January, succeeding Samuel Palmisano. She will now take over from Palmisano as chairman. He will serve as a senior advisor to the company until he retires in December.
The company named Rometty as CEO after she held a number of senior leadership positions in IBM's services, sales, strategy and marketing units. She led the integration of PricewaterhouseCoopers' consulting business after its acquisition by IBM for $3.5 billion in 2002.
Rometty also became a director of IBM in January.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)