Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How the major indexes fared Wednesday
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 5:14pm EST
(AP) - U.S. stocks declined on Wednesday after a report showed that the U.S. economy unexpectedly contracted in the fourth quarter of last year. The Standard & Poor's logged its biggest decline of the year, after rallying close to a record.
The Dow Jones industrial average closed down 44 points, or 0.3 percent, at 13,910.42.
The S&P 500 fell 5.88, or 0.39 percent, to 1,501.96.
The Nasdaq composite index fell 11.35, or 0.36 percent, to 3,142.31
For the week:
The Dow is up 14.44 points, or 0.1 percent.
The S&P 500 is down 1, or 0.07 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 7.4, or 0.24 percent.
For the year:
The Dow is up 806.28 points, or 6.2 percent.
The S&P 500 is up 75.77, or 5.3 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 122.88, or 4.1 percent.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)