Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Stocks down sharply at midday
Friday - 12/21/2012, 11:25am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Stocks are off sharply at midday. Investors are worried about turmoil in the negotiations to avoid a "fiscal cliff" of tax increases and government spending cuts.
Just before noon, the Dow Jones industrial average is down 184 points at 13,128. The Standard & Poor's 500 index is down 20 at 1,423. And the Nasdaq composite index is off 45 at 3,004.
House Republicans canceled a vote Thursday night on a plan that would have raised taxes on Americans making more than $1 million and locked in decade-old tax cuts for everyone else.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)