Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Stocks open mixed, S&P 500 holds at 1,500
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 9:15am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Stocks opened mixed on Wall Street, with the Standard & Poor's 500 holding at 1,500.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 3 points to 13,855. The Nasdaq composite fell 7 points to 3,146.
Markets are absorbing data from several fronts Tuesday.
Ford blew by Wall Street expectations for the fourth quarter, but its losses in Europe continue to mount. Its stock declined 3.4 percent to $13.31.
U.S. home prices accelerated in November compared with a year ago, pushed higher by rising sales and a tighter supply of available homes, according to the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller index.
Investors will be looking for a report on January consumer confidence and hints from the U.S. Federal Reserve, which opens a two-day policy meeting.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)