Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Stocks open mixed, S&P 500 holds at 1,500
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 9:15am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Stocks opened mixed on Wall Street, with the Standard & Poor's 500 holding at 1,500.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 3 points to 13,855. The Nasdaq composite fell 7 points to 3,146.
Markets are absorbing data from several fronts Tuesday.
Ford blew by Wall Street expectations for the fourth quarter, but its losses in Europe continue to mount. Its stock declined 3.4 percent to $13.31.
U.S. home prices accelerated in November compared with a year ago, pushed higher by rising sales and a tighter supply of available homes, according to the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller index.
Investors will be looking for a report on January consumer confidence and hints from the U.S. Federal Reserve, which opens a two-day policy meeting.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)